Friday, January 4, 2013

Teach Me to Revere You

Father God, in this new year, I will come and listen to You; for You will teach me to revere and worshipfully fear You. I desire life and long for many days that I may see good. Therefore, I will keep my tongue from evil and my lips from speaking deceit. I will keep my heart from idols. I will be careful so that my heart will not be enticed to turn away and worship other gods and bow down to them. I will submit to You, O Lord, and be at peace; thereby good will come to me. I will receive the law from Your mouth and lay up Your words in my heart. For then I will delight in You, Almighty One, and will lift up my face to You, O God. (Ps. 34:11-13 amp; 1 John 5:21; Deut. 11:16; Job 22:21-22, 26, all paraphrased)


1. Listen to what the Lord is saying to you through this Scripture prayer, and then write it in your journal.


2. Choose a verse you can memorize this month, and write it here.



No comments: