Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Near to the Heart of God


As this new year begins, I will draw near to Your heart, O God, with a true heart in full assurance of faith. Teach me to number my days that I may apply my heart to wisdom. Yes, Lord, I will get wisdom and understanding; I will not forget nor turn away from Your words. I will trust in You with all my heart rather than lean on my own understanding. In all my ways I will acknowledge You and trust You to direct my paths. Now may the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart be acceptable in Your sight, O Lord, my strength and my redeemer. (Heb. 10:22a; Ps. 90:12; Prov. 4:5; 3:5-6; Ps. 19:14, all kjv paraphrased)

1. When we ask the Lord to help us number our days, we are asking Him to help us use our time wisely.  In what areas of your life do you need wisdom? 

2. What concerns do you have that you need to trust the Lord for and not lean on your own understanding?

3.  List the ways you will acknowledge the Lord and trust Him to direct your path this coming year. 

No comments: