Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Create in Me a Clean Heart

I delight to do Your will, O my God: yes, Your law is within my heart. I seek Your  favor with my whole heart; be merciful to me according to Your word. Cast me not away from Your presence, and take not Your Holy Spirit from me. Examine me, Lord, and prove me by looking closely into my heart and mind. "Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me." Restore to me the joy of Your salvation, and uphold me with Your free spirit. (Ps. 40:8; 119:58; 51:11; 26:2 paraphrased;  Ps. 51:10 not paraphrased; Ps. 51:12 paraphrased, all kjv)

1. What do you desire from God in regard to your heart relationship with Him?

2.. Expand the above prayer by making specific requests and confessions regarding your spiritual condition and relationship with God.

No comments: